Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

My Nighttime Routine

.
These are some of my favorite posts on other people's blogs, so I figured it was time for me to do my own.  While I wouldn't consider my nightly beauty routine to be fancy it does involve 6 steps/products so maybe I am more high maintenance than I originally thought?  My night time routine is by far the most regimented part of my skin care and most of these products I have been using for quite a while.

Pippa cuddles are not on the list, but should be..
Step 1/
Bioderma Sebium H2O Micelle Solution

Unless I didn't put any makeup on that day, I always start by removing my eye makeup.  This particular miceller water has a bit of a cult following now and I think it's totally warranted.  It's a little pricey, especially now that Simple and Garnier have their own versions. I fully plan on trying those out after my current bottle runs out.  I like miceller waters because they remove all the makeup easily, you don't need a ton of product, it's gentle and most importantly in my opinion, it doesn't leave your face with that oily feeling.

Step 2/
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

I wash my face with the classic Cetaphil cleanser. I have been using this for years!  My dermatologist recommended this to me quite a while ago because I have very sensitive dry skin and almost every other face wash I tried was just too harsh.  Plus at that price, and it comes in a HUGE bottle, you just can't beat it.  I find that by massaging a pump full in to my face and rinsing with warmish water it removes all my makeup and grime from the day.

Step 3/
Mario Badescu Aloe Vera Toner

After patting my face dry with a towel, I put a squirt of this toner on a cotton pad and wipe this over my face, avoiding the eyes and mouth areas.  This step makes sure you removed all the dirt and makeup from your face and is supposed to clean out clogged pores.  I love this formula as it's gentle but effective.  It doesn't have any kind of scent and does not sting at all.

Step 4/
Mario Badescu Drying Cream

I use this as a spot treatment on any pimples I have popping up or that I am trying to control. Another Mario Badescu product! (I actually love their facewash too, but for the price my trusty Cetaphil is still my go to) This one is a great one too, I really primarily only use it in the mornings as it is slightly tinted and so can double as a concealer on those horrid red spots, but for a stubborn pimple I will use it overnight.  This is a great treatment for people with sensitive skin as it is not drying (despite the name) at all.  It is rich with aloe and other nourishing ingredients that will fight the acne but leave your skin lovely.  Bonus is that I've had my pot for over a year and am only halfway through, a tiny dab goes a very long way.

Step 5/
Yes to Cucumbers! Cooling Eye Gel

With my ring finger I dab a bit around my eyes.  I believe I got a sample of this in a Birchbox or and Ipsy bag and I loved it!  As the name would suggest, it has a cooling sensation, think aloe vera  (apparently I have an aloe obsession?) which feels fantastic on tired eyes.  I like how quickly this absorbs into your skin, as mentioned above i hate it when products leave your eyes feeling greasy.  It is very hydrating too.  As with most eye creams/products you only need a little bit, so I find that this too lasts a very long time.  I believe I have had this current bottle since July.

Step 6/
Olay Age Defying Classic Night Cream

As my final step, I rub in a generous amount of this cream in to my face. When I turned 25 this year I figured it was time to actually start worrying about my skin's future beyond just sunscreen.  So I ventured into the world of night creams.  My mom has used this brand for years and she has amazing, youthful skin (please be genetic!), so I thought this would be a great place to start.  when I first bought it, I thought I picked up the sensitive skin version, but surprisingly this hasn't been an issue for me.  It has a light, pleasant scent and absorbs fairly quickly.  In truth I could probably use a somewhat thicker cream as sometimes I have to apply more, especially in the winter months, so let me know if you have any good recommendations...

Had to add one more...


What are your go-to evening products?  Anything I should try?



No comments:

Post a Comment